Thursday, February 28, 2008

So I had another letter published in the local paper...

I read a story (remember this) in my local paper, a "letter to the editor". I messed up and did not save the link. I responded in kind to this letter here and here. I wanted to blog it on this post. I searched far and wide, no luck Chuck.

About to give up, I take a quote from the "original" (this becomes humorous later, keep reading)that reads like this: "The rest of us must learn to treat all meat, and particularly ground beef, as a hazardous substance to be consumed at one's own peril."

As I type this, the hair is standing up on my neck, could that be a laser sight? Although I did not find the "original" letter I responded to, I found something else far more interesting. Across the United States and Canada, 18-20 "individuals" wrote exactly the same letter, in the same week, pretty much all of them being photocopies of the other.

Click on this GOOGLE link and check all these opinion pages with letters to the editor from a supposed local "Joe Blow". How could this be? It appears that it could be that word I hear too often; 'a conspiracy' I hate this word, read this ONE so you understand, I don't believe in the word, it's not to be repeated again.

So I can't find the 'original' but here is the letter I responded to :
This largest meat recall in U.S. history was actually brought on by an animal rights organization's undercover video showing California slaughterhouse workers using kicks, electric shock, high-pressure water hoses, and a forklift to force sick or injured animals onto the kill floor. USDA regulations prohibit sick animals from entering the food supply, because of the high risk of contamination by E. coli, salmonella, or "mad cow" disease.
About 37 million pounds of the recalled meat went to school lunch and other federal nutrition programs since October 2006, and "almost all of it is likely to have been consumed," according to a USDA official.
Parents must insist that USDA stop using the National School Lunch Program as a dumping ground for surplus meat and dairy commodities. The rest of us must learn to treat all meat, and particularly ground beef, as a hazardous substance to be consumed at one's own peril.

Here is my letter including an edit where they removed the word 'for'. When you are reading it just insert it where it was left out.

Drum Roll Please:


I am writing in response to Dominick Potenza's letter, "Message in Beef Recall" from February 21. I would like to introduce fellow readers to the term 'Management By Crisis.' I have lost count of how many deadly food supply headlines we have been fed in the last few years. Spinach, onions, Mad Cow, and this week, cows in a slaughter house. Guess what, folks, these are just a created crisis. Just wait for them to manage the crisis.
They will 'manage' the crisis with regulation that we pay which will do nothing to protect you. It will serve to legislate independent food growers out of business, all sold to you as "for your safety." This is the first of many stepping stones which will eventually make it illegal to grow food in your own yard, not that you can buy non-genetically modified seeds anyway. If you follow the growing size of super producers, our food supply choices are becoming extremely limited. Notice I am not referring to supply volume, but choice of source. Our food supply 'crisis' is just the latest of the others such as acid rain, bird flu, global warming etc.
Parents should not be concerned with the food their kids eat at school, all those inoculations have already poisoned them well before they reached school age. Besides if parents really cared for their offspring they would send them to school with food from home if that is still legal to do.
I look forward to eating food with bacteria and other organisms because I am an animal, my body has a wonderful self defense mechanism called an immune system, and I purposely exercise it regularly. I don't get sick, ever. That's how our bodies are supposed to work. Doctors and the big Pharma's may not agree but I believe they may have a small financial 'steak' in it.
I fear for my fellow sheepeople if we are to accept statements like "as a hazardous substance to be consumed at one's own peril" without raising one or two reasonable questions.
TIMOTHY HILLIARD,
S. Grafton

Now this 'letter' to the editor is across North America, what? My letter shows up in the search twice because I used same line . It just so happens that it shows up as the last statement in all the articles, including mine. They are different papers, by different people on different days but the letters are exact. A couple may have varied very slightly.

What is most scary to me is this little enlightening happens just as I finish Sydney Rodgersons book titled Propaganda In The Next War. I read a 1972 printing. This book was first published 1938. He mentions things like Japan will probably be the country to bring the US into the next war. He mentions how Americans are the easiest to control with propaganda because since 1918 every American has been programmed with propaganda. Propaganda is all any of us know.

What does this mean to us? It means everything you think you know comes into serious doubt, does it not? This simple letter to the editor is an example of this. Why do they want us off meat? why be afraid of Clara-Bell? Why have they been doing this for years and years, and not just "It's Whats For Dinner" Threat of Nuclear War comes to mind.

It has been said that the slaves that built the pyramids where on strict diets that allowed them to work, but the diet left them too weak to escape or resist. What do the other countries call us, "Lazy Americans"?

What group is distributing it? Who is funding them?
"We are all pawns in their game" - B. Dylan

I feel like chess, how 'bout you?

Tim Hilliard

No comments: