Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Getting Back to...




What I was trying to discuss yesterday.


TRAIN SECURITY, like having to ride a train was not miserable already, now they want to remind you how easily they can manipulate you to be good little prisoners (as easily as I manipulated this fat cop to be fatter). People were moved by trains during WW2, maybe we should ask them how that's working out for them...oh I forgot we can't.

“In addition to the screening, counter terrorism officers with bomb-sniffing dogs will patrol platforms and walk through trains, and sometimes will ride the trains, officials said.”

This next one goes to my WW2 comments-I swear I don’t make this stuff up!

“Tim Connors, director of the Center for Policing Terrorism at the Manhattan Institute, said rail systems require a completely different approach to security from the one used in aviation.”

"Rail moves a lot more people than air does," he said. "It's designed to be an open system that can move a lot of people fast."

Yeah I bet it can move people, right to their new designated habitat ‘community”

“Connors said random screening could be effective.” Wow!

"A random approach is actually more effective than a constant one," he said, adding that when procedures don't change, it's easier for would-be terrorists to find weak spots.

“Amtrak hopes the new force can serve as a powerful deterrent to would-be terrorists.” So people like me, who may not like the fact that someone riding with me, trained to fear everyone, will be holding an assault riffle. That makes me feel safe, because these guys are always stable.

(AP) Amtrak police officers Douglas Davison, left, and Keith Goerz, demonstrate the equipment they will...threaten you with


“The teams will show up unannounced at stations and set up baggage screening areas in front of boarding gates.” – I imagine quite the soothing effect.

"What we are trying to do is make sure the bad guys know we're out there but don't know where we'll be, or when," Rooney said

Yes because that won’t infringe on my privacy at all.

Amtrak has received a number of federal grants aimed at boosting security, but officials said there was no specific mandate to implement the changes.

"There is no new or different specific threat," Kummant said. "This is just the correct step to take."

Money well spent, I wonder how many meetings they had to pick the pretty uniforms. Makes me so happy to pay taxes.

“Anybody who is selected for screening and refuses will not be allowed to board and their ticket will be refunded” – and you get added to a very special list, some say exclusive!

I have a question, what happened to the threat assessment color chart? I used to loose sleep dreaming what color it would be. Did they get the idea from that Matthew Broderick movie? Now I have to wait until Sundays and watch American Dad
I have one more question, how long before we have storm troopers riding the bus? How much longer before you have to consent to a search of your car to drive it on a public road? Riddle me that Batman!
Dopey Keith should write(funny, can he write?) a song for them to announce the changes. I'm sure it would be Patriotic, in a racist redneck sort of way.
Never a Patriot,
Tim

No comments: